- Apr 18, 2023
This UE5 pack contains everything you need to create huge open-world forests for your projects. It comes with a smart landscape auto-material with 8 layers (forest floor, cliffs, gravel, dirt, etc), many trees (maple and birch static meshes) and different rocks to create realistic natural and wild outdoor environments. All static meshes are nanite and everything is well optimized for large environments. The demo levels (there are 2 demo levels) are a good example of what you can achieve with this pack: one demo level is a 225 square km playable forest and the second demo level is a 100 square km playable forest. Both landscapes are created from real-world heightmaps with 4k resolution. The pack also comes with all the procedural tools necessary to create in just a few clicks, huge forests: Foliage Types, Procedural Foliage Spawners etc.
This product supports Lumen for versions 5.1 +. If You want to use the pack at it's full potential, I recommend using Lumen. In order to enable Lumen (if it is not already enabled) you should go to Project Settings/Engine/Rendering and make sure you have the following setup:
- Dynamic Global Illumination Method - LUMEN
- Reflection Method - LUMEN
- Shadow Map Method - Virtual Shadow Maps
- The landscape auto-material comes with 8 layers and automatic slope variation
- 35 static meshes for foliage/rocks/trees (all Nanite)
- 3 example maps, one has a surface area of 225 square km, the second has a surface area of 100 square km, both of them are 4k resolution and the third is an Overview Map where you can visualize all the static meshes
- Full dynamic lighting setup (Lumen)
- 3 procedural foliage spawner (2 for the trees and 1 for the rocks)
- all foliage come with color variation which can be adjusted together with other parameters such as wind strength, intensity etc., directly from the Material Instances
- Highly customizable and easy to use
Number of Unique Meshes: 35
Collision: Yes - automatically generated
LODs: all meshes are Nanite so LOD's are not necessary
Number of Materials and Material Instances: 26
Number of Textures: 103 textures
Texture Resolutions: most of the textures are 4k (4096 X 4096)
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not tested
Documentation: Please watch my video from the description.
Important/Additional Notes: In order to use Procedural Foliage Spawners from this pack, you will have to go to Editor Preferences/Experimental and enable Procedural Foliage.
CTFILE DOWN（CODE:4900） 👈